NanoInk, Inc. announced today a $65 million financing led by Lurie Investments. The financing will be used to convert outstanding debt to equity and to provide working capital to expand commercial activities across the company’s nanotechnology business. NanoInk currently markets and sells nine nanotechnology products across four divisions worldwide.
“This financing provides working capital to continue our commercial activities and support our growing sales base,” said James M. Hussey, Chief Executive Officer of NanoInk. “This financing also provides an opportunity for the company to convert substantially all of our debt to equity.”
NanoInk, Inc. is an emerging growth technology company specializing in nanometer-scale manufacturing and applications development for the life sciences, engineering, pharmaceutical, and education industries. Using Dip Pen Nanolithography (DPN), a patented and proprietary nanofabrication technology, scientists are enabled to rapidly and easily create micro-and nanoscale structures from a variety of materials on a range of substrates. This low cost, easy to use and scalable technique brings sophisticated nanofabrication to the laboratory desktop.
Headquartered in the Illinois Science + Technology Park, north of Chicago, NanoInk currently has over 250 patents and applications filed worldwide and licensing agreements with Northwestern University, Stanford University, University of Strathclyde, University of Liverpool, California Institute of Technology and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. For more information on products and services offered by NanoInk, Inc., visit http://www.nanoink.net.
Divisions of NanoInk:
- The NanoFabrication Systems Division provides core desktop instrumentation and application expertise for current and future applications of DPN.
- The Nano BioDiscovery Division provides instruments, assay kits, and contract services for nanoscale protein detection using DPN technology.
- The NanoStem Cell Division aims to revolutionize the utility of stem cells through the application of DPN nanopatterning.
- The NanoProfessor Division provides a complete nanotechnology educational solution including a suite of instruments, interdisciplinary-based curriculum, cutting-edge labs, and comprehensive educator and program support developed to extend hands-on nanotechnology education to the undergraduate classroom.
- The NanoGuardian Division uses NanoEncryption technology to offer pharmaceutical customers a state-of-the-art on-dose brand security solution to fight counterfeiting and illegal diversion.